Use the tabs to the left to navigate this guide.
In order to access the Library electronic materials (books, journals and databases) when you are outside the library, go to MyUTampa and enter your Spartans Domain user name and password. If you need assistance with your Spartans Domain log-in information, please contact the IT Help Desk at StudentHelp@ut.edu or at x6255.
- Best Bets - Start with a couple of quick searches of Summon (library catalog) and the subject-specialized database Business Source Complete to get a feel for the type and quantity of sources available. Play around with the suggested search terms.
- Background Information - Sometimes you need a definition or basic fact for your paper that you can't find in a scholarly article. Or perhaps you need a more basic understanding of your topic before diving deeper into scholarly research. This is where reference sources, such as encyclopedias, come in handy.
- Books - You likely found a few books searching Summon. Now, dive deeper into the books available at the Macdonald-Kelce Library and beyond.
- Articles - You likely found a few articles searching Summon and Business Source Complete. Now, dive deeper into additional subject-specialized databases to find even more articles. Don't forget to try different search terms.
- Statistics - Need statistics to back up your argument? Look no further.
- Websites - These professional and non-profit websites may prove useful for your research.
- Citations - Finally, don't forget to cite properly.
- More Help: Intro to Library Research - Need more help? Check out our Intro to Library Research guide.