Use the tabs to the left to navigate this guide.
- In order to access the library electronic materials (books, journals and databases) log in to MyUTampa.
- If you need assistance with your Spartans Domain log-in information, please contact the IT Help Desk at StudentHelp@ut.edu or at x6255.
- Start with a couple of quick searches of Summon (library catalog) and the subject-specialized database like Europa World Plus to get a feel for the type and quantity of sources available. Play around with the suggested search terms.
- Background Information - Sometimes you need a definition or basic fact for your paper that you can't find in a scholarly article. Or perhaps you need a more basic understanding of your topic before diving deeper into scholarly research. This is where reference sources, such as encyclopedias, come in handy.
- Books - Start here if you're looking for books.
- Articles - Start here if you're looking for articles (of any type). Don't forget to try different search terms.
- Websites - These professional and non-profit websites may prove useful for your research.
- Citations - Proper citation is a critical part of the scholarly process.
- Not having any luck?