What is a data management plan?
Data management plans outline what a researcher is going to do with their data during their research and after the research is concluded. Data management plans should include:
- the types of data that will be collected or created
- where the data will be stored and the organization of the data
- the roles and responsibilities of research team members
- how the data will be accessed and shared
- policies for the reuse of the data
- plans for the long term storage and/or archiving of the data