UT’s Master of Arts in professional communication equips students with the communication knowledge and skills needed for success in a variety of fields. Students gain experience with masterful presentation techniques, theories of organizational communication, crisis communication, conflict management and the effective use of visuals and media, with an emphasis on digital and emerging technologies.
Students are required to complete a 4 credit capstone class (MAPC 700), resulting in a thesis or final project, which will be submitted to UoTIR.
Theses or Dissertations submitted to the library must also follow these additional guidelines:
1) All documents must be converted into PDF/A format. If you have any questions about converting your document, please email email@example.com for assistance.
2) All documents must have an approved title page, which includes keywords and an abstract.
3) All submitted theses must include an ETD approval form, with all appropriate signatures.
* Chicago Manual of Style requires log-in to Esearch for access.
1) Complete and have your Thesis signed by your advisor(s)
2) Fill out the ETD Agreement Form.
3) Email your advisor(s) the completed forms. These will be sent to the Library by your department for inclusion in the UoTIR.
Faculty Advisors: Have your students who are completing final projects as a part of their graduation requirements fill out the following form. Once completed, the student returns the form to his or her professor/advisor for signature.
Once both the student and the faculty member have signed off, the form and project are then submitted to the Library for inclusion in the repository.
Only submissions accompanied by fully completed forms will be accepted by the repository for inclusion. This includes all fields, embargo selected, and all required signatures. Forms are fillable online; please use Adobe signature to complete. You may also print the form out to complete, and then scan and return.